PhD Candidate at the
Complexity Science Hub Vienna.
Complexity researcher with a bachelor and masters in Physics.
Member of the Principles of Emergent Things (PoET) lab.
Looking for hidden universal laws of nature, using various tools and techniques that fall under the umbrella of complexity science.
- Nothing for now 😔
- October 2023: Gave a talk at the Conference on Complex Systems (CCS) 2023 in Brazil. [Website]
- August 2023: Our work was mentioned in the article "The Military’s Recruitment of AI Has Already Begun" published in The Daily Beast. [Article]
- August 2023: Our paper was featured in Sabine Hossenfelder's science news. [Youtube video]
- August 2023: Gave a short live interview at the BBC newsday radio show. [Website]
- August 2023: Our Python package for generating conflict avalanches is out now. [Github]
- August 2023: Our paper entitled, "Discovering Mesoscale for Chains of Conflict" is out in PNAS Nexus. [Paper] [Our dataset] [Press release]
- July 2023: Attended the Lipari School on Computational Complex and Social Systems 2023 in Lipari. [Website]
- July 2023: Attended the NetSci conference 2023. Participated as a volunteer and helped in the organization of the conference. [Website]
- May 2023: Won the ”Significant Milstone Award of the 2023 Exner Lectures in the category of PhD”. [Website]
- March 2023: Gave a talk at the German Physics Society meeting 2023 in Dresden. [Website]
- December 2022: Preprint for my work on conflict mesoscales is now available.
- October 2022: Gave a talk and presented a poster at the Conference on Complex Systems 2022 in Palma de Mallorca. [Website]
- September 2022: Gave a talk at the German Physics Society meeting 2022 in Regensburg. [Website]
- July 2022: Attended the Lipari School on Computational Complex and Social Systems 2022 in Lipari. [Website]
- July 2022: Attended the BIGSSS summer school in computational social science 2022 in Groningen. [Website]
- August 2021: Started PhD at the Complexity Science Hub Vienna and the department of physics of University of Vienna.
1) Niraj Kushwaha , Edward D Lee, Discovering the mesoscale for chains of conflict, PNAS Nexus, Volume 2, Issue 7, July 2023, pgad228.
2) Kushwaha, N., Mendola, N. K., Ghosh, S., Kachhvah, A. D., & Jalan, S. (2021). Machine learning assisted chimera and solitary states in networks. Frontiers in Physics, 147.